Meet our providers, get the latest site news, see editors' picks, plus lots more from the Genlighten community.
If you use Firefox as your browser, you can quickly install two add-ons, Save Images and Image Picker, that will let you easily download images from the Genlighten report pages.
I will outline the steps below, but you can also view and/or download a pdf that includes screen shots showing how the process works. It’s linked at the bottom of this post.
Step 1: Install the Add-Ons
1) Open Firefox. Click on “Tools” and select “Add-ons.”
2) Type “Save Images” in the search box.
3) Find “Save Images” in the search results and click on “Install.”
4) Type “Image Picker” in the search box.
5) Find “Image Picker” in the search results and click on “Install.”
4) Restart Firefox.
Step 2: Download the Images
1) Log into Genlighten from Firefox and go to the report page that has the images you want to save.
2) Click on “Tools,” run your mouse over “Save images,” and select “Open ALL image links in 1 tab.” If there are many images, it will take a while for them to open. Just be patient.
3) Once all of the images are visible in the new tab, look for the “Image Picker” icon on the top right of your browser. Click the arrow and select “Pick images from current tab.”
4) Select the images to include, choose the directory you want to use, and click “Save.”
5) Navigate to the folder where you saved the images.
6) The images should be there ready to view or print.
It is possible to save the images using Save Images once they’ve opened in the new tab, but it’s not as intuitive as using Image Picker.
Please sign in or register to post a comment. It's quick and easy!
If you use Firefox, you can quickly install two add-ons called “Save Images” and “Image Picker” that will let you easily download images from the Genlighten report pages.
|Featured Providers||Featured Repositories|
|Genlighten News||Help Tutorials|
|Success Stories||Store Suggestions|
|Genealogy Documented||Editors' Favorites|