I can use the following resources to try to locate a specific person or family.
1) The Territorial Papers of the Unites States concerning AR (three volumes concern AR Territory). These Territorial Papers are often overlooked and contain names from petitions for things such as new roads, new post offices, new counties, etc.
2) Arkansas Territorial Court Records. These records include witness testimony.
3) Lawrence County Circuit Court Records 1818-1830 and Deed Book B 1817-1825. Called the “mother of counties” Lawrence County originally covered most of the northern part of Arkansas.
4) Early Tax Records for various counties including Lawrence County and Izard County.
5) Arkansas Newspaper Abstracts 1819-1845.
6) Lawrence County, Missouri Territory tax lists 1815-1817 – This is before AR Territory was formed.